The Voluntary and Community Sector in Bolton – its staff and volunteers – continue to be in the frontline of our ongoing response to Covid-19. It has demanded huge levels of resilience and compassion. It is more important than ever that staff and volunteers alike, take time to prioritise their own health and wellbeing.
Here are some resources and tools to help you do just that – videos, guides, fact sheets and useful links. Take some time out of your day to really look after yourself. By taking care of our own health and wellbeing, we can continue to support and be there for others.
• Mental Health Booklet
• Happiness in Bolton session
• Action for Happiness
Links to Local Support:
- Single Point Of Access (SPOA): access services for help with anxiety or depression.
Open to self-referrals: 01204 483101 or via their online portal: www.iaptportal.co.uk/bolt.html
- 1Point: provides Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) counselling.
Accessed via telephone/online via SPOA or self refer: 01204 917745 or www.1pointbolton.org.uk
- BAND: providing 1-1, group support and activities, mainly via phone or video.
Open to anyone living in Bolton and accepts self-referrals: 01204 380643 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- MhIST: providing group support, self-help, and non-statutory advocacy mainly via phone or video.
Open to anyone living in Bolton and accepts self-referrals: 01204 527200 or www.mhist.co.uk
- Bolton Carers Support: providing a 24/7 helpline for carers in Bolton: 01204 363056
- Samaritans: national freephone number – 116 123 or www.samaritans.org
- Achieve: providing support and care for substance misuse: 01204 483090 or www.gmmh.nhs.uk/achieve
- Kooth: online counselling for children and young people in Bolton 11-25 years old. Website: www.kooth.com
- Bolton’s Humanitarian Response Line: mainly aimed at those shielding/most vulnerable but can refer and signpost onto appropriate support.
Tel: 01204 337221 (Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm, Sat 9am-1.30pm)
- Reflections Counselling Service: providing an efficient and cost effective community based service, reducing the stigma of mental health problems, enabling people to manage and improve their mental health day-to-day for a better quality of life.
Tel: 07539 974 949 (Karen) or Email: email@example.com. Find them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReflectionsFreeCounsellingService