Please Help us to Map Out the Wonderful Work of Bolton’s Voluntary and Community Sector
In order to celebrate and demonstrate the enormous contribution to Bolton that our sector makes, it’s now time to carry out a special survey. We need to know how the government cuts and economic recession has affected our sector. We need to know how many groups have lost funding, how many have had to reduce services and how many have had to close or are facing closure. The work we do as a sector directly affects the lives of people in Bolton, so it is very important that we know what is happening. We are working on the survey with other support and development organisations in neighbouring boroughs and with the assistance of Sheffield Hallam University it is our intention to create a regular survey that will take place every two years.
How the survey will be used
We will publish our findings in March 2013 and we will be using the evidence gathered to:
- Ensure the Council, NHS, the Police and local businesses are aware of the role of the voluntary and community sector in Bolton;
- Influence policy and decision making;
- Influence commissioning and funding plans;
- Ensure that decision and policy makers locally and nationally are aware of the impact of cuts and the recession on local groups;
- Help plan the services and activities Bolton CVS and our partners provide to assist local groups
We need you!
We are asking a wide range of organisations to take part including large national organisations, small community groups, faith based organisations and tenants organisations. Please add your voice to this group and make sure you are heard. We know how busy you are, so we really do appreciate you giving the time to complete the survey. This research will only be useful if enough groups take part to make the response rate significant. This means that it is important that as many groups as possible answer. Your answers will be treated in the strictest confidence and not published in a way that identifies your organisation.
How to take part
There are a number of ways you can complete the survey, please choose the one that suits you best:
1. Online: go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BoltonNeighbourhoodsSurvey to complete the survey online.
2. By telephone interview: please contact Bolton CVS on 01204 546040 to book a time for a researcher to call you and support you in completing the survey.
3. By post: if you would prefer to complete a hard copy of the survey please contact us to arrange this.
Please note that you will need details from your last 3 sets of accounts on hand, as well as details of any income from grants / contracts in this last year.
Organisations working across Greater Manchester
If your organisation works across Greater Manchester, we would like you to complete a Greater Manchester survey, instead of the Bolton-specific one. You can access this Greater Manchester survey by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/State-of-the-sector-survey
The survey must be completed / returned by 11th January 2013
As a thank you for doing the hard work we will enter your group into a FREE prize draw to win a range of prizes including two cash prizes of £150 and £100, Bolton Wanderers tickets and vouchers for support from specialists who can help you with funding and organisational development.
Thank you for helping with this important research.