Time for You is a new project for which Bolton Carers Support have received funding to develop. Age UK Bolton, BAND, MhIST, and Senior Solutions are committed partners in developing this project.
The initial stages of the project will be to develop and agree the details of the sitting service being offered to carers through the Time for You service.
This will be a flexible and responsive service aimed at supporting carers. For some carers, the provision of a volunteer sitting service will mean they can have a break from caring and take up activities outside their home, with the peace of mind of knowing that a trained volunteer is keeping the person they look after company. There may be opportunities to develop the service further.
The Time for You Project Worker will develop a shared pool of volunteers, facilitate the development of a shared training programme and linked resources, promote this service, visit carers to identify how best the service can support them, make appointments/coordinate volunteers, and gather routine feedback to assess progress.
We are looking for someone who has experience of working with volunteers, understands the issues affecting carers, and who has:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – to network and develop good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to produce clear and concise information tailored to different audiences
- Practical experience of managing projects
- The ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team
- Experience of working with individuals around sensitive and confidential issues and information.
Closing date for applications 12 noon Monday 11th June 2018
Interview date Thursday 21st June 2018
Please request an application pack by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org putting
‘Time for You Project Worker’ as the subject, or by contacting Bolton Carers Support tel. 01204 363056.