How We Can Help
Bolton CVS is an independent local registered charity which aims to provide:
- advice and information for voluntary and community groups
- help for new or existing groups to develop
- a regular newsletter and other publications
- resources (display boards, flipchart stand)
What Membership Offers
We will offer to help any voluntary group if we can but we do give priority to members. You will get:
- Discount on courses offered in our Training Programme
- Training Grant available through the Big Bolton Fund for groups with an annual income of less than £25,000
- priority for hire of equipment
- loans from our library
- access to the payroll service
- A say in running the organisation
- the right to nominate a member to the Bolton CVS Trustee Board
- the knowledge that your organisation is joining with others across the town to create a stronger voice for the voluntary and community sector
Full Membership is open to any voluntary group based in and operating within the Borough of Bolton which is sympathetic to our aims. Membership is free.
Associate Membership is available to other organisations sympathetic to our aims but which does not qualify for our full membership. A charge of £5.00 per year will be made to cover the cost of newsletters and other mailings.
The main aim of Bolton CVS as set down in our official “Memorandum of Association” (Constitution) is:
"To promote any charitable purposes for the benefit of the Community in the area known as the Metropolitan Borough of Bolton, hereinafter called the "area of benefit", and in particular the advancement of education, the protection of health, the relief of poverty, distress and sickness, and to provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreational and other leisure time activity with the object of improving the conditions of life in the said community providing that in pursuing its objects the Company shall pay due regard to the needs of minority or underprivileged groups including ethnic minorities, and the promotion of racial harmony.”
Bolton CVS is an organisation committed to equal opportunities in employment and the delivery of our services. Our policy statement on equal opportunities is included in the membership pack.