Welcome to Ambition for Ageing in Bolton
Our aim is to create age friendly communities and generate ways to build stronger community connections for people over 50.
Ambition for Ageing is being delivered in partnership between Bolton CVS, Age UK Bolton and Bolton at Home and our work is focussed across the Halliwell, Crompton and Tonge with The Haulgh wards and will be running untill 2020. Ambition for Ageing is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisations (GMCVO).
Since the start of Ambition for Ageing we have been working alongside community members to develop and allocate small investments to projects which aim to build more Age Friendly Communities. We have also build up a strong network of service providersand businesses who currently work with older customers to ensure we are working together to get the best outcomes for our older community.
Ambition for Ageing consists of:
• An Advisory Group of Older People - to allocate small investments and to share their knowledge to help shape the program.
• The Bolton Ambition for Ageing Charter – key stakeholders setting out what Being Age Friendly means to Bolton.
• Volunteer Ambassadors to build connections with older people, identify local assets and generate ideas for reducing social isolation.
• The Peoples Platform - Over 50's forum established via Bolton’s Ambition for Ageing programme and aims to enable older residents to share their views and play an active role in shaping the place where they live by informing policy and service development and influencing decision makers. Click here to find out more.
• Action plans for each area with local people, businesses, commissioners and service providers.
• Whats On Guides for each area sharing information on local groups, events and activities for over 50's residents. These guides are available in audio, paper and electronic format.
• Investments - Our small investment programme has now ended.
• Ambition for Ageing Engagement Network Members- A group of local business, service or group providers who want to work together to build a strong an effective program.
• ‘Age Friendly’ local business training which has been co-designed and is delivered by older people to encourage local businesses to take an Age Friendly approach. To find out if you business can benefit from this training contact Yasmin Holgeth (see details below).
Please contact us if you would like to know more about the programme or are interested in getting involved.
Ambtion for Ageing Senior Project Officer
01204 382411 / 07946107774