Welcome to Ambition for Ageing in Bolton
We aim to create age friendly communities and generate ways to create stronger community connections for people over 50.
A partnership of Bolton CVS, Age UK Bolton and Bolton at Home will be delivering the programme in Bolton in The Halliwell, Crompton and Tonge with The Haulgh areas over the next five years.
A large percentage of the funding received will be allocated to small investments for older people to design and deliver projects that aim to build stronger community connections. The programme will work with the diverse communities of older people to identify their assets, build on existing good practice and try out new ways of working which reduce social isolation for older people.
The project will consist of:
• An Advisory Group of Older People - to drive the project forward
• The Bolton Ambition for Ageing Charter – key stakeholders setting out what Being Age Friendly means to Bolton.
• Volunteer Ambassadors to build connections with older people, identify local assets and generate ideas for reducing social isolation.
• Action plans for each area with local people, businesses, commissioners and service providers.
• Small Investments - Available now: Designing a range of mechanisms with older people to decide how small investments will be allocated.
• Ambition for Ageing Champions - local commissioners, businesses and service providers who will promote the aims of The Charter
• ‘Age Friendly’ local businesses
Please contact us if you would like to know more about the programme or are interested in getting involved.
Policy Engagement Manager
Ambtion for Ageing Project Officer