Volunteering Services supports and promotes volunteering across the borough of Bolton. We work with individuals who wish to volunteer and also with groups and organisations that involve volunteers. Developing a safe, effective and rewarding volunteer programme is a priority development area for many groups and organisations and we can help you do that! Our services are aimed at supporting the Public, Private, Voluntary and Community sectors.
Are you thinking about volunteering?
Do you want to know more about volunteering and the opportunities available in Bolton? Are you confused about where to begin and the first steps to take? Contact our friendly Volunteering Services team on 01204 546 060 and allow us to introduce you to volunteering. Alternatively, click this link: Becoming a Volunteer
Are you a volunteer involving group or organisation?
Bolton CVS' Volunteering Services is a member of the National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) and have gained accreditation for five core functions:
1. Strategic Development of Volunteering - we support the strategic approach to the development of volunteering and the existing practices of local volunteer involving organisations. We host the regular Volunteer Development Network: http://www.boltoncvs.org.uk/volunteering-forum
2. Good Practice Development - we promote good practice in working with volunteers and all volunteer involving organisations. This is often done via the Bolton Volunteer Charter
3. Developing Volunteering Opportunities - we work in close partnership with the voluntary and community sector, statutory and private sector to develop appropriate and mutually rewarding volunteering opportunities.
4. Voice of Volunteering - we are actively involved in relevant networks and so are well placed to share learning, good practice and up to date information around all aspects of volunteering as well as having an increased awareness of the issues impacting the sector.
5. Brokerage - we advertise and promote volunteering opportunities and match appropriate and interested individuals to them.
If you would like support in, or further discuss, any of the above areas, please contact Lauren McKechnie, Volunteering and Development Services Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01204 546010