Vascular Services Survey
The Greater Manchester Improving Specialist Care Programme is reviewing hospital based Vascular Services provided across Greater Manchester (GM) to make them the best they can possibly be and to make them sustainable for the future. This project is looking at Vascular Conditions which are not related to the heart and brain i.e. heart attack, stroke.
A vital part of this work is gathering thoughts and experiences on Vascular Services that you (or a friend/relative) have used in Greater Manchester to help us plan future services.
We would be grateful if you could share your thoughts on Vascular services with us by spending a few minutes to complete an anonymous survey, which will run until Friday, 28th June 2019.
To access the survey please click https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GMVascular
Background to the Improving Specialist Care Programme
In February 2015, 37 NHS organisations and local authorities in Greater Manchester signed a landmark agreement with the government to take charge of health and social care spending and decisions in our city region. This resulted in a 5-year plan was published in December 2015 (Strategic Plan: Taking charge of Health and Social Care in Greater Manchester (The Plan). This plan is being overseen by the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership and more information on The Plan can be found at http://www.gmhsc.org.uk/
The Improving Specialist Care Programme is one part of The Plan and is looking at eight areas of specialist care. Vascular services are one of these prioritised areas.
The reason we are looking at Vascular services is because it has been identified as an area that may require a new way of working in the future. There are many reasons for this which include:
• Changing patient needs due to an increasing ageing and diabetic population
• Increased demand due rise in number and complexity of procedures undertaken
• National shortages and difficulties recruiting and retaining specialist staff, for example Vascular Surgeons and Vascular Inter Radiologists
• Differences in practice, standards of care and service provision across Greater Manchester
• Changing guidelines from NHS England and the Vascular Society
• Ensuring that we can deliver services sustainably in the future
• Enabling further development of specialist skills and research
This project is clinically led but input and engagement with a wide variety of people including patients and carers in vital to inform this work. The survey will provide valuable feedback to help us plan services for the future.