Nearly £2m is available to be given out over the next two years in the North West as ESF Community Learning Grants.
Grants up to a maximum of £12,000 are available to support some of the hardest to reach communities and individuals, to help people access further learning or training that could lead to employment.
The funding can be applied for by small community and voluntary groups, registered charities & social enterprises, with preference given to organisations with a turnover of no more than £300,000 per year in each of the last 2 years.
The grants can support a wide range of activities including:
- Initial help with basic skills
- Taster work experience including voluntary work
- Training, advice and counselling
- Job search assistance
- Confidence building and personal development
- Support to individuals to overcome barriers to learning or employment
The programme is aimed at all out of work adults, or those recently made redundant, but with a particular priority given to support for:
- People with disabilities or health conditions (including those with learning difficulties, mental health issues or drug and alcohol dependency problems)
- People aged 50 or over and seeking employment
- People from ethnic minorities
- Lone parents
The programme for the North West is being managed by the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA). The next deadline for applications is 7th September 2012. For further information visit
or contact Ian or Andrea at the WEA who will be happy to answer any queries or advise on an application.
Telephone: 0161 277 5411
Bolton CVS Funding and Development Team can also check any draft applications to this fund. Please contact us on 01204 546017, 546025 or 546026