An effective environmental policy will help you become more efficient by identifying more environmentally – friendly ways of working which can also bring cost savings for your organisation.
Bolton CVS has partnered with GC Business Growth Hub to deliver two interactive half day workshops to help your organisation to identify and understand its environmental impacts and performance and support you to create an environmental policy statement and implement an action plan to manage ongoing improvements.
Who is this course for?
Employees and volunteers including trustees from any voluntary and community group or social enterprise particularly those with responsibility for community buildings or assets.
Workshop 1: Identifying Your Environmental Impacts
- Understand how to identify the key environmental aspects and impacts of your business activities
- Be able to prioritise no and low-cost opportunities to reduce energy, fuel and waste costs
- Learn how to strengthen your resilience to market changes such as rising energy prices
Workshop 2: Developing an Effective Environmental Policy
- Develop an understanding of the environmental issues relevant to your activities and how these impact on issues such as risk, legal compliance and organisational values
- Learn practical steps to create an effective environmental policy statement
- Discover how to use your environmental policy to demonstrate your Social Value and commitment to employees, volunteers and the wider community
The course is co-delivered by Bolton CVS and GC Business Growth Hub.
Friday 7th September 2018
Friday 21st September 2018*
*Groups need to be able to send a representative to both sessions (this does not have to be the same representative).
All participants will receive additional guidance between sessions to ensure at the end of the workshops you have a tailored Environmental Policy with a clear plan for action.
Cost: Both courses are free, however a deposit of £20 will be charged, repayable on attendance of both sessions.
GC Business Growth Hub is a not-for-profit business support organisation providing services to SMEs in Greater Manchester.
The Bolton Hub, Bold Street
Bolton, BL1 1LS
|Returnable deposit||£ 20.00|
Tags for events